Buckwheat is a gluten-free base for the meal. It's a pseudo-cereal (not grain nor wheat) that provides lasting energy, nourishment, promotes health and mood.
How to cook?
Why so special?
Good for you
The ratio is 2:1 water to buckwheat groats.
1. In a saucepan bring 2 cups of water to boil.
2. Add 1 cup of uncooked buckwheat groats.
3. Cover the pot and simmer for 10-12 minutes (or until water is absorbed).
Find more recipes here
· Gluten-free and grain-free- buckwheat is not related to wheat and is thus gluten-free, it's not a grain and thus grain-free.
· More protein than in rice, grains, and corn.
· Promotes healthy gut with high contents of "resistant starch"- insoluble fiber.
· Promotes good mood with all essential 8 amino acids, including tryptophan.
· Reduces stress and anxiety with calcium and magnesium.
· Stabilizes blood sugar and supplies with lasting energy.
♥ Gluten free
♥ Low glycemic index
♥ High fiber
♥ High quality protein
♥ Paleo friendly
♥ Contains all 8 essential amino acids
♥ Kosher Vegan
♥ Versatile in the kitchen